Thursday, December 16, 2010

What Happens In Vegas . . .

Uh, no. Don't even finish with that awful adage. For me, what happens in Vegas gets blabbed on this blog. I've got nothing to hide, as TSA security was so quick to point out.


I flew to Vegas 2 weeks ago just so my son-in-law would be happy about being sent to Other Places. After all, who wants to be in a house where his mother-in-law is staying for a week?

I'm joking. We don't have that kind of relationship. If I did, I surely wouldn't make light of it.  Besides, he grills excellent steaks and I like to eat excellent grilled steaks so I need to stay in his good graces.

Really, I flew to Vegas to be with Lulu. When we bought my airline ticket we feared that he would already be gone but I'm thankful he was not. Not only did I get to say good-by in person, but I got to hear the most unexpected words out of any son-in-law's mouth when describing his mother-in-law, "You're a genius!!!!" I  can't tell you how long I've waited to hear those words and only wish I'd had a tape recorder with me.  Hopefully, Lulu heard him because I'd hate for it to be my word against his.  The dogs heard him, but they don't talk much.  :)

The day after my arrival, Dan had to catch an early flight so I got up at 5:00 a.m. to take the above picture. I tried to get one without George in it, but he wouldn't cooperate. I think the dog knew Dan was leaving. That, or he really likes having his picture taken.

Don't be too impressed by my early-rising feat. Remember, I had just arrived the day before so my body hadn't adjusted to the time change. My internal clock still said 8:00 a.m.  It got adjusted right about the time that I came back home a week later.

I'll say more about my week in Vegas. For now, I beg your prayers for our warrior in Other Places and for his wife who is keeping the homefires burning in his absence.  May the Lord keep them both safe and close to His heart.

2 comments :

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit! Blessings on your dear son-in-law as he serves!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)