Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Proper Perspective Heading into the New Year

I recently received my notification from the eye doctor telling me that it's time for my examination.  That's good because I've noticed that I've been experiencing a few difficulties seeing things lately.  It isn't so much that my sight has changed, but there are scratches on my lens that are distorting my vision.  My perspective needs help.

I often need my perspective adjusted.  Many times, the things I'm seeing - or think I'm seeing - are not quite in focus with what really is.  With a few adjustments, things look better.

For instance, have you ever awakened in a bad mood for no apparent reason but when you sit quietly and think about it you realize that you had a bad dream about something totally outside of the basis of reality?  Okay, maybe I'm the only one who has ever had that experience.  Happily for me and those who live with me, once I figured out the cause of my moodiness I was able to put things in the proper perspective and get my day moving in a more positive direction.  This had the effect of making everyone's day a bit brighter.  "When momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy," as the old quip goes.

I've been doing much thinking lately about perspective.  As a consequence, I'll be doing much writing about perspective.  There!  You've been forewarned!

I've reached the time of life where there are decisions to be made due to life's changes and I've got to get out the spiritual and emotional lens cleaners and wipe some of the grime off so that I can see better when handling these changes.  I've also got to ask the Doctor (the Great Physician, in case you needed a clue) to help me remove a few beams so that I use the kind of sight that only faith brings (oh, that kind of perspective) and is necessary for making proper decisions.

So . . . my vocabulary word for 2011 is "perspective."  Stick around.  Maybe something will be said that will help your eyesight, too.

2 comments :

  1. Lord willing, I'll be hear, "looking" for those perspective exams! Wishing you and yours a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much of what we see depends on where we're standing when we look! Good word for the year ahead! Wishing you all God's richest blessings for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)