Saturday, February 5, 2011

Providence 365 Project Week 4

I'm a week behind. I was aware that I would need to do two projects to get caught up or that one would need to be omitted. I decided to omit one and chose to go back to last week's verse because it seemed appropriate to this event.

There's a story behind this picture. It was taken during recent days when my faith was drastically shaken. Are you shocked? Please don't be. Pastors and their wives are subject to the same fears, frustrations, worries, and woes that you are. Our faith wavers, too. Or at least mine does occasionally. I'm not proud of this. I'm merely stating facts.

Okay, that's enough confession. I continued to read my Bible and pray during that time. The Bible reading schedule has been quite a blessing to me as God used His Word to speak to my heart. I'm thankful to have been reading about Job's trials as well as the lack of understanding that the disciples exhibited and even the questions that John the Baptist asked in his own dark days. Bible passages spoke to my heart in ways that I've never experienced before.

One day I encountered the Lord's Prayer. That evening I had two different women bring me gifts of bread. The scriptures that I had read earlier were immediately brought to my attention. The Lord really did provide us with bread, and far more than what we could eat in a day! As you can see, some of the "bread" was a plate of fried apple pies! More than the physical food these loaves provided was the sweet manna sent to strengthen my faith. REAL soul food. :)

I thank God each time I take a bite of this bread. I pour out my heart in praise to the God who provides all of my needs, both physical and spiritual.

For this page I used background paper and frame from LAImel Designs' "Sugar Plums" kit and the tag is from Vicky Day's "A Fresh Start" kit.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)