Saturday, February 12, 2011

Providence 365, Week 6

Romans 12:6-8 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophesy according to the proportion of faith: Or ministry, let us wait on our minstering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence, he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

The assignment this week was to identify our specific talents and picture them accordingly. I spent the week thinking about this and concluded that nothing symbolizes my God-given talents quite like the books I've accumulated.

This is my Bible study corner where I sit and read my Bible each day.  Under the small lamp are my study Bible and a couple of small journals where I keep notes.  These books symbolize the times that I have been the "exhorter" at ladies' meetings, pastors' wives' conferences, and retreats.  Sometimes I use my studies as blog material also.

These are the books in my kitchen.  Included on this shelf are my cookbooks and my bird identification books.  I am sure that I have the gift of hospitalilty as evidenced by the number of people and birds I'm blessed to feed each week.

These are a few of the research books that I use when compiling my genealogy.  There are also a couple of momentos pictured on this shelf that symbolize my ties past and future generations:  the picture is of one set of great-grandparents and the little tractor was The Bear's favorite toy when he was a toddler.  I feel that one of my gifts is keeping history alive through the use of my research skills.

Besides more Bibles, these are just a few books that I am currently using in the field of education, both for the benefit of myself and others.  I feel that I have the gift of teaching because I have the desire to instill the love of learning in others also.  The books about the presidents are for my Ohio history class that I am teaching at our homeschool co-op.  This Monday I will dress in costume and portray the widow of William Henry Harrison.  These books, among others, are being used as reference material.


These are some of the areas that I have identified as the gifts that God has given me. 

3 comments :

  1. That's just too cool! Glad you are using your gifts to bless God and others! I wouldn't know where to begin with a project like that! Have a blessed week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! You put a WHOLE lot more thought into your project than I do! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure where your grandparenting books are but the girls think that is one of your gifts too: Glam Gramming. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)