Saturday, November 2, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 41 Wednesday

source
I Samuel chapter 28  (read Wednesday, October 16, 2013)

Saul makes the woman with a familiar spirit a promies that she would not be punished for the deed of performing her craft. He even swears an oath by the name of God! He had no right to do that! Perhaps Saul himself wouldn't punish her but the LORD most certainly would punish her for her willful demonic activity. After all, it wasn't Saul who originally demanded death for those seeking information from spirits. That would be the LORD who commanded the people not to allow sorcery within their borders.

Does God issue any commands?

  • None.


Does God make any promises?

  • None.


Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?

  • Not that I identified.


Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?

  • Not that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)