Saturday, January 25, 2014

Journal Through the Bible: Week 51 Wednesday

source
II Kings chapter 1

Does God issue any commands?

  • God sent Elijah to the messengers of Ahaziah, king of Israel, with a message of his own.
  • God told Elijah to go down off the mountain and that it was safe to go with the captain of the 50 who pleaded for his life and the lives of his men.


Does God make any promises?

  • Ahaziah, king of Israel, would die from the wounds he received when he fell down through a lattice from an upper story room.


Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?

  • The angel of the Lord is often Jesus in scripture. It might have been Jesus who spoke with Elijah and sent him to prophecy against Ahaziah.


Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?

  • Not that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)