Monday, December 15, 2008

Deja Vu

Pastor Dad and I were discussing recently how much our lives seem to be running in circles.

Once or twice we were referring to the ball in our gerbil cage world that we keep spinning without actually getting anywhere.

Most recently we were referring to watching Karen, Prince Charming, and our three granddaughters interact. Major deja vu! Except for the fact that Sweet Pea is a bit closer in age to Tigger than our Princess was to Lou, the similarities are so close that they are eerie.

Our granddaughters stayed with us for a few hours one afternoon last week while their parents went out for some quiet time together at a loud, busy, offspring-empty mall. More than once Pastor Dad or I almost called one of the girls by her matching prototype from our own three girls' names.

I've heard people say that their lives pass right before their eyes in near-death experiences. Mine passes before my eyes every time I'm around Karen's girls.

It's a nice feeling, actually.

8 comments :

  1. I'm just hoping the grandchildren get along better than the children did. :-) They got along pretty good but had their moments. Bickering in the back seat of the car was the biggest hang up they had. One time Justin yanked the seat belt Britt was chewing on out of her mouth and brought a loose tooth with it.We were on vacation. We were looking for a church to go to and were disgusted with the fact that Wednesday night services weren't to be found and they were BICKERING loudly. The tooth pulling kind of broke the mood we were in. They still bicker if we travel together. No tooth removals as of late though.
    I'm getting way too excited over this grandbaby on the way. I'll be bonkers by the time it gets here. :-)
    Have a great snowy day. We've got freezing rain. Ice on everything here.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that would make me the cool, collected Tigger? I can deal with that.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cool, collected Tigger"

    !?!?!?!

    Let's not enlighten her. OK, Mom? ;) It will be much more fun when she gets the full Tigger experience for herself...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello?-sarcasm! I'm well aware of why the child is named "tigger". But, I still love her crazy, little bubbly self anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's not called "Tigger" because she's "bubbly".

    That's all I'm going to say about that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Children! Children!

    At least I rarely need to say that to the younger set! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)