Friday, December 12, 2008

Birds of A Feather



Oh, how I miss the days when the view from the window looked like this:
(Click all pictures for a larger view)










Or how about this guy?










Talk about a big bird! The Bear was rather surprised the first time he saw this one standing on our picnic table. I thought he was making up tall tales when he told me about their encounter. I then kept the camera near the window just in case. For all you non-bird watchers, he is called a pileated woodpecker. See here for more information.









Even little woodpeckers stop by for a visit.









An impostor is often thrown in for good measure. This guy was behaving himself that day.
Yep! I miss the birds of summer! Just thought you'd like to see that I have some fine feathered friends and that there really is more to me than just genealogy, grandchildren, and basketball.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)