Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Thoughts!

I couldn't let Polly's day end on a downer. Well, maybe not Polly's day since I hope she's already in bed. In all honesty I couldn't let my remembrance of Polly's day end that way. After all, the wallet was found, and even if it hadn't been there was absolutely no cash in it whatsoever. I have a feeling that if it had been stolen as I feared someone would've been sending me a charitable donation shortly. I wasn't too keen about the thought of getting my driver's license replaced or cancelling my debit card, but otherwise there was nothing of note in the wallet except my library card. So don't think of stealing my wallet, anyone. You will be sorely disappointed.


Anyway, to help me celebrate the day that Polly came into our lives I looked through some digital photos. They made me misty-eyed but in a happy way. Here to document my entry into the wonderful world of grandparenting is this picture:

Included is also a picture to show the Bear's initiation into unclehood. (Is that even a word? Spellcheck says no but I'm using it anyway.) This little nipper now has 3 small female sweeties that worship the ground he walks on and follow him like Bear-groupies. Oh, that all young men would learn so young how to protect the next generation! I think the world would be a better place for it. Bear loves his sisters and he loves his nieces. I'm telling you this, girls, because he sure isn't going to do it! :)

I looked for a picture of Pastor Dad and our first grandbaby, but I have the suspicion that he was the eye behind the camera that day. You know how grandparents are! The grandmas cuddle the babies and the grandpas take tons of pictures.

And on that note, I'm breathing a silent prayer of thanksgiving for blessings received!

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you and Polly! That would be a "must frame" for me.

    I agree that Dad's a Capella version of O Holy Night is my favorite, but I might just be partial.

    Don't worry about the present from Alex, I will be blogging if its anything better than a t-shirt (which I better not be getting!).

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)