Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Is It Over Already?!

I cannot believe that 2008 is over already! We were discussing this very thing today at Karen's house. How can it be? Where did it go? Did I blink or something? Parts of it went by much too fast and parts of it I hope never to revisit ever again.

But another thing is over already, too, and its departure makes me very sad indeed. Lou's visit has ended. She has returned to her home in the south. Why did she leave us? It couldn't have been the weather. It was like spring during the time she was here.

Is it something we said? Probably that part almost 5 years ago where Pastor Dad replied that I (her mother), and he (her father), gave this woman (Lou), to be married to this man (Sgt. Dan).

Now that she's gone one question remains. Can we have the stocking stuffers that she forgot to take with her?

Just kidding. We'll pack them in the flat-rate box being used to ship the things she couldn't take onto the airplane in her carry-on bag. Some items she left seem pretty important. After all, I've never known her to leave a Peep uneaten.

And I've never known me to eat one. Unlike Hershey Bars. GIANT Hershey Bars. TWO of them. Which she brought me.

Come back anytime! :)

2 comments :

  1. I'll take my stocking stuffers, thank you. I think a candle with the name "lisa" on it would look out of place in your home anyway. It would definately fit better here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you something on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete