Monday, December 8, 2008

Pooh Strikes Again!

Note to Karen's Prince Charming: You knew I was gonna tell, right?

Yesterday the Charming family was over for Sunday dinner. While preparations for the meal were underway Polly, Tigger,and Sweet Pea busily played with toys kept in a spare room for just such an occasion. Prince Charming, Pastor Dad, and a college student friend were sitting in the living room reading the Sunday paper while Karen and I did other things, like preparing the meal and the table.

It isn't unusual for Sweet Pea to be expelled from the spare room where her sisters set up elaborate scenes for the FP "people" because she tends to bulldoze them. Yesterday she made her way into the living room carrying the little plastic Winnie the Pooh figures left over from the Bear's toddler years.

Twenty-one month old Sweet Pea doesn't say much beyond the necessary "Hey!," "more!" and "need it." Gestures seem to suffice for most other communication. But even without words Sweet Pea gets her point across emphatically.

Upon her arrival in the room she began to set up Pooh and friends in a row on the floor. She had Rabbit, Tigger, Owl, and Pooh all nicely arranged like little soldiers. The lone remaining figure was tucked behind her foot when her daddy (Prince Charming) asked her, "Where's Eeyore?" whereupon the shrewd little tot pointed directly back at him with a grin on her face!

I was aware that my grandchildren are brilliant but I now suspect that even the young ones are reading our family blogs when their parents think they are napping and they are comprehending what they read!

Just in case you have no idea what this discussion is about feel free to read an earlier post here that explains why we found Sweet Pea's use of the Pooh character so hilarious.



5 comments :

  1. I can't say I've ever considered Philip to be an "Eeyore" type.

    Sweet Pea is going to be re-named "Stink Weed" very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! I was checking out all that adorable Pooh toys today at WalMart. They have some really cute stuff!!! :)

    ~Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't think of Philip as an Eeyore either. If I did, I never would have told the story for fear of offending him.

    Sweet Pea sure is a stinker, but she also had an uncanny sense of comedic timing yesterday. (Maybe she's just jealous of your Tigger's ability to grab a headline.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing this is only the beginning . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning of what, Philip? My using you as subject matter? Or perhaps, matching wits with little ol' Sweet Pea?

    (Confidentially, we think you have all the potential to be a great Christopher Robin.)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)