Friday, May 30, 2014

Journal Through the Bible: Week 68 Friday

source
Habakkuk chapter 3

This is the prayer that Habakkuk prayed after having his two questions answered by God. It was probably set to music as a psalm since this chapter ends with instructions for it to be played upon stringed instruments.

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. (vv.17-19)

Does God issue any commands?
  • God does not speak.

Does God make any promises?
  • God does not speak.

Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?
  • Jesus is the Holy One that came from Teman and Mount Paran. It is His glory that is described since He and the Father are One.
  • Jesus is the everlasting.
  • Jesus was the judge that brought to an end the existence of the earth's inhabitants in the flood.

Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?
  • After the days of trouble comes a time when those who trust God will walk upon high places.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)