Does God issue any commands?
- Zion is told to sing as she contemplates her future glory.
Does God make any promises?
- God promised a time after the earth is consumed with fire when all people of all nations will speak one language, will call upon His name, and will serve Him.
- In the days of unity upon the New Earth Jerusalem will no longer be ashamed because she will not be haughty or full of prideful people.
- People who have been afflicted and poor will live in Jerusalem and they shall trust in God's name.
- The Jews will live in safety.
- God promised to gather all His people together in Jerusalem and take away their affliction and reproach.
- God promised that Israel's captivity would be turned back and He would make them a name again.
Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?
- Jesus is the King of Israel and He will live in Jerusalem.
- Jesus will rejoice over Israel with love and joy over her with singing. He will gather together those who were burdened and undo all of their affliction.
Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?
- All the earth will be devoured with the fire of God's jealousy.
- Then all the people will speak one language and everyone will call upon the name of the LORD.
- The people will no longer sin and the King will live in Jerusalem among them.