Does God issue any commands?
- The Voice from Heaven told Ezekiel to stand on his feet and then the Spirit stood him up.
- God told Ezekiel that he would be a missionary to the Children of Israel that were in captivity. He also told him the message to be delivered.
- God told Ezekiel not to be afraid of those to would hear his message.
- God told Ezekiel not be be rebellious like the house of Israel. A hand extended to Ezekiel that held a scroll containing many words. Ezekiel was told to eat the scroll. (A similar scroll was given to the Apostle John in his vision. It was sweet to that taste but bitter in the belly. See Revelation chapter 10. God's Word is sweet to the one who consumes it but it makes bitter when it points out our sins!)
- God told Ezekiel to take the words to heart himself!
- God told Ezekiel to travel to the plain where they would talk.
- God told Ezekiel that he would be arrested and that he would not be able to speak freely.
Does God make any promises?
- God told Ezekiel that Israel would not listen to his warning message.
- God told Ezekiel that as a watchman it was his responsibility to warn every man of his sin. God said He would hold Ezekiel accountable for every man to hear.
- God promised that whenever Ezekiel was able to speak God would put the words in his mouth.
Does this passage teach anything about Jesus?
- If Ezekiel saw the physical manifestation of God within the Glory of the Lord then it was the 2nd person of the trinity, Jesus Christ, that he saw.
Does this passage teach anything about yet-future events?
- Not that I identified.
Did you find something that I missed?