- Monday - II Chronicles 36:22, 23; Ezra 1:1-2:35
- Tuesday - Ezra 2:36-63
- Wednesday - Ezra 2:64-3:13
- Thursday - Ezra chapter 4
- Friday - Haggai chapter 1
- Saturday - Haggai chapter 2
And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts. Haggai 2:7
Prayer Journal (ACTS)
- Adoration - Praise God for being omniscient. He reveals to us some of the past, present, and the future
- Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
- Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
- Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.
Search the Scriptures
Look for references for each of the following:
- Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
- References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
- What does this passage teach about Jesus?
- Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
Putting the Word into Action
God takes the fallen and gives it (or them) a future, whether it be the earth or its inhabitants. Following the Jewish exile God allowed a remnant to return to their land. We, as the inhabitants of a fallen creation are exiled from the physical presence of God, but one day we will inhabit a New Earth and Emanuel will live there with us. The assignment this week is to make a list of the ways your future in a restored world will be different than your current existence. Keep this list and review it when circumstances become overwhelming. One day the earth will be restored and God's remnant will witness the glory of the "all things . . . becom[ing] new."