Sunday, October 18, 2009

If It Is God's Will

If it is God's Will tomorrow I will
  • take the Bear to his homeschool co-op classes
  • teach my class at the co-op
  • take the Bear for his yearly sports physical so that he can play basketball
  • take the Bear shopping for clothes since everything he now owns is too small again
  • shop for a few more cold weather outfits for myself because many of the things I own are too large (and I'm not complaining!)
  • fix dinner
  • do a few select subjects with the Bear
  • go about the rest of my normal Monday routine.

But it will all depend on God's Will, as it always does, of course. It's just that often I'm not quite as mindful of the fact as I should be. But now two of my children have the flu. Neither child lives with us, but Pastor Dad, the Bear, and I have been around both of them. We shall see how we feel tomorrow and what will be checked off the list.

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow....For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. (James 4:14a, 15)

3 comments :

  1. It is so hard to remember at times with all of our schedules and plans that He is in control.

    Blessings
    Raye Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a favorite saying of ours! I don't make promises because I don't know if I will be able to keep it. Yes, if the Lord will, and I live, then I will do this or that!! Blessings and trust you won't be sick and it will be the Lord's will to look after the things He has put on your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am definitely guilty of making plans without consideration (consciously) that I will, only if the Lord wills! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)