Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday Wrap-Up

Our usual Wednesday is ordinarily a long day that includes such activities as taekwondo lessons, school, then working at the church office in the afternoon, followed by an evening of church services that mimic a night of summer Vacation Bible School and prayer meeting combined. Today was slightly different.

Last night, Pastor Dad, the Bear, and I attended the evening services of a Bible conference taking place about an hour or so from here. Pastor Dad and Karen's husband, Prince Charming, had spent the better part of the morning and early afternoon there, but the Bear and I were not able to go then, which was quite a shame since Pastor Dad was one of the guest speakers. I think he was even preaching a sermon that we had not heard before. Only members of a pastor's family can fully appreciate that remark! :)

Pastor Dad took the Bear and I to the evening service. The Tuesday night services sometimes run a bit long because a musical concert of sorts follows the evening message and once the music ends there is a fellowship meal. We made the decision to leave following the preaching portion because we still had a good distance to travel home and several things to do once we arrived there. We were surprised when we had to drag the Bear out. He wanted to stay longer than we did!

Upon arriving home, I gave him a list of things to do to get ready for today's schedule, including gathering his taekwondo gear. He was so quiet that I asked him what was on his mind. In response, he asked if he could forgo a day of taekwondo for another day of conference attendance.

What can I say? I was dumbfounded. So what did I say? I said, "Of course!"

And that is what he did. He's still telling me tonight about the things he heard today.

When the Bear gave his life to Christ a little over a year ago, his life surely changed. I can see the Savior in him a little more each day. I've watched my only son grow physically the last 14+ years and I've marveled at the changes. Now I'm watching him grow spiritually and I marvel and rejoice even more.

What a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment :

  1. It's days like this that makes a mom very thankful and feel very blessed! Praise the Lord for your Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)