Monday, October 26, 2009

Try Not To Talk With Your Mouth Full

On Saturday the Bear helped me carry in the groceries. I know. I know! What was I thinking!?

It had been a very good shopping excursion because I had lots of coupons in my possession and there were lots of bargains at the store to match them.

Which means I returned with several of some items on my list, specifically a certain microwavable macaroni product that I can also use toward a $20 rebate. Whoo-hoo!

While helping me put away the groceries, Bear noticed the multiple quantities and reverted to a likeness of his 2-year-old self by asking, "Why? Why did you buy so many bowls of microwavable macaroni?"

I explained that I wished to have at least 2 of them left for us to take for lunch on homeschool co-op day. He then made some incredulous remark about co-op being in just a couple of days.

At that very moment I heard the microwave beep as it finished cooking - you guessed it! - one of the microwavable macaroni bowls.

Perhaps next week I'll get the dog to help me "put away" the groceries. The amount that actually makes it onto the pantry shelves would probably not be much less. And maybe the irony won't be lost on her either.

1 comment :

  1. Yep! Sounds like you have a teen aged boy in your household! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)