Monday, October 26, 2009

Prayer Requests

I type the prayer list for church. When it comes to the names of my own family members, it would be shorter to list the ones who are well instead of the ones who are ill. However, there are a few requests that are more urgent than others and I would appreciate it if you would petition the Lord for their health, too.

  1. Karen (my daughter) of Candid Diversions fame. The flu has now progressed to pneumonia. I don't think her ears are the primary concern anymore.
  2. My dad will be having surgery on his neck next Tuesday. Then he will be in the hospital for a few days before being transferred to a rehab center where they will teach him to walk again. Yeah, I don't like the sound of that either.

Thanks for asking. And thanks to the Lord for answering according to His Will.

2 comments :

  1. Oh, I hate to hear this news! Prayers are being sent heavenward as we speak for Karen and family and your dad and mom and for you and your family as I am sure your duties have been compounded with these illnesses! Yes, Praise the Lord for His will being done in each instance!

    Side Note: I'm glad to know that Friendship is a church you attend(ed) while here! You don't know how comforting that news is! The (relatively young) pastor there now is Will George. His accent is very southern, could very well be from TN. Does that name ring a bell? He looks to me to be in his early to mid 30's?? I'm not very good at guessing ages. Fairly tall, too.

    Speaking of you being in Myrtle Beach.......I just barely remember our meeting your family for dinner one evening (many) years ago in Myrtle?! Do you remember an approx. year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is that Karen's excuse for ignorning her blog? :) Just kidding. I've had pneumonia before and it wasn't fun! Praying for both her and your dad.

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)