Monday, December 28, 2009

Take Ten in '10

Photobucket

I am making plans now to read through my Bible in 2010. Won't you join me?

Last week I listed several good schedules for reading the Bible through in a year's time. That post can be found here.

I also mentioned that I have devised my own schedule for 2010. This one includes some of what I consider to be the best features of the others combined into one program. Here are the elements that I included:

  • 2 separate scripture portions which can be read at one sitting or broken into morning and evening readings.
  • Catch-up days. I have scheduled Sunday to be the day left unscheduled as I intend to be reading scripture as part of corporate worship. Any readings that were missed during the previous week can be made up on Sunday.
  • Readings that are not sequential. In other words, the readings do not follow the Genesis through Malachi or Matthew through Revelation sequence. Instead, they are somewhat randomly ordered with more lengthy and/or difficult books coupled with those that are easier reading.
  • If reading through the whole Bible is too much for you, then read only the second portion. This would allow the reader to complete the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs within the year.
  • The schedule for the following week will be posted each Saturday (except this week).


I hope you'll join me. Are you ready to begin?



Bible Reading Schedule for January 1st and 2nd, 2010

Friday, January 1, 2010:

Old Testament: Genesis chapters 1 & 2

New Testament: John chapters 1 & 2



Saturday, January 2, 2010:
Old Testament: Genesis chapters 3, 4, & 5

New Testament: John chapter 3

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni has left a new comment on your post "Take Ten in '10":

    I'm with you Karabeth. I'll be following your version. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Karabeth! I'm doing the Discipleship Journal Reading Plan (one of the ones you introduced last week). THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)