Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Spiritual Birthday

Yesterday I turned 36 years old. Spiritually, that is. On December 28, 1973 I stopped trying to work my own way to heaven and trusted Christ as my savior instead. I believed Him when He said:
  • He is "the way" and that I was on the road to destruction.
  • He is "the truth" and I am nothing but a liar.
  • He is "the life" and I was following a culture of death.
  • He is "the bread of life" and I was starving.
  • He is "the water of life" and I was dying of thirst.
  • He is "the alpha and omega" and I am extremely nearsighted.
  • He is holy and I am sinful.

It has been a bittersweet journey at times, but since I am no longer traveling alone or without The Guide who knows every possible danger or pitfall, I know I shall safely reach my destination when my trip is done.

This is why I am making plans now to read my Bible through in 2010. It is something that I have done almost every year - if not every year - since I became a Child of God. The Bible is my spiritual GPS.

And this is why I am encouraging YOU to read through your Bible in 2010. Did you know that it only takes the average reader approximately 10 minutes a day in order to read the complete Bible in a year? Who doesn't have 10 minutes a day?!

So if you will commit with me to read through the Bible in 2010 grab my "Take Ten in '10" button and boldly proclaim it! This is not just for individuals using my reading plan. It is for anyone who will make the commitment to read through their Bible in 2010 and will let others know of their intention on their own blog.

The reason I'm posting my own schedule is because I cannot post others' without infringing on copyrights. But I did list several last week and encourage you to find one - any one - that will help you read through the Bible in 2010 by allotting 10 minutes or so each day toward the completion of that goal.

3 comments :

  1. Happy Spritual Birthday! Mine was in the Autumn of 1979 but I don't remember the exact day.

    My husband just celebrated his 15th Spiritual Birthday on December 15th.

    I thank God for His Mercy, Grace, and Amazing Love!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your analogy of the Bible being our spiritual GPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)