Monday, April 25, 2011

Modeling the Season's Finery


If you were hoping to see pictures of the kiddos in their new Easter finery, forget it! I neglected to get out the camera yesterday. Someone else will need to supply those.

I did have it out just long enough this weekend to catch a male goldfinch on the feeder. He isn't quite done exchanging his brownish winter wear for the yellow wardrobe of warmer months but I thought he was beautiful all the same. I caught a glimpse of him during one of the brief periods when there was no rain falling - a rarity these days - and my mood was somehow lifted by his appearance.

Having bird feeders in my yard really is a "cheeper" investment (get it? cheaper) for helping me out of the doldrums than any counselor. I highly recommend it.

2 comments :

  1. What a beautiful bird! Usually by the time I get the camera to snap anything, it's flown away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lisa. Can't get good bird pics!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)