Friday, April 15, 2011

More eBooks for Me (and You!) to Enjoy

I'm really into eBooks and audiobooks as you can probably tell. :)

Free advertising for one of my favorite bookstores, otherwise known affectionately as CBD! I can't wait to download some of the Christian books I want to read that aren't available through my library, or the Ohio eBook Program, or even at Paperbackswap.com.

Maybe you're not interested in physically reading your books on a device. Well, they have audiobooks, too.

What? You don't like that either because you don't want someone to read aloud to you? You were a kid once, right? Okay, just checking.

Or you don't own a compatible device? Yeah, right. You're reading this message on something whether it be a computer, your phone, or an iPod.

Gotcha! :)

Okay, so you really don't want to read and/or listen to your books because you're old fashioned and like traditional paper and ink pages. Yessiree! Me, too! But reading books doesn't need to be either/or. It's like when the hostess has two desserts: cake and ice cream. You can have some of each. No one will mind.

And what about your kids?

Gotcha again!

Many kids and teenagers love, love, love having a book read to them and since teens' portable devices seem to be ever present they can be listening to some great literature or inspirational material while they do whatever else it is that teenagers do (around here that would be sleep, eat, and play video games on the computer when not being interrupted by a nagging mother who insists that chores and schoolwork be completed).

Reading good books has never been easier. And that's a great thing for all concerned.




* I am NOT a Christianbooks.com affiliate but I do highly recommend them for Christian books and homeschool curriculum.

2 comments :

  1. Cool resource - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great ideas. I might try some audio books on long trips. If I listened to them at might I might fall asleep :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)