Does God issue any commands?
- God called Jeremiah to be a prophet even before Jeremiah's mother had even conceived him! (v.5)
- God told Jeremiah not to make excuses but to say whatever God commanded him to say.
- God told Jeremiah not to be afraid.
- God requires Jeremiah to tell Him what he sees.
- God told Jeremiah to gird up his loins and speak all that God would command him to speak.
Does God make any promises?
- God promised to be with Jeremiah to deliver him.
- Using the visions of the almond branch and the boiling pot God explained that the time was rapidly approaching when a nation from the north would attach Judah.
- The kings, princes, priests, and people would fight against the words of Jeremiah but God promised to be with him and deliver him from them.
Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?
- God physically put out His hand and touched the lips of Jeremiah. God in human flesh is Jesus.
Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?
- Not that I identified.