God continued to tell Jeremiah the sermon that he must preach at the gate of the Temple. Jeremiah preached the sermon and then grieved when no one would listen.
Does God issue any commands?
- God continued the sermon that Jeremiah was to preach at the gate of the Temple.
- God told the people not to trust in their relatives or neighbors in the time of trouble because each person would lie, deceive, and only be concerned for himself.
Does God make any promises?
- Because the people trusted in their status of being known as God's people to whom He gave His commandments and not actually as people who kept those commandments, God promised that their families, possessions, and lands would be taken from them and given to others.
- The people could no longer even blush when they did wickedly therefore God promised their destruction.
Does this passage teach anything about Jesus?
- Jeremiah lamented that the harvest was past because the summer of grace had ended. Jesus told His followers that in these last days the time of harvest has not ended but is quickly coming so we must work while it is still day!
- Jesus was hurt for the daughter of His people.
- Jesus is the physician in Gilead. People can run to Him and be spiritually healed.
Does this passage teach anything about yet-future events?
- The time of harvest (days of grace) are quickly coming to an end just as they were in the day of Jeremiah. Then comes the judgment.