Does God issue any commands?
- Remember how God told Abraham He would spare Sodom if there were only 10 righteous in the city? God told Jeremiah to go through the streets of Jerusalem to see if he could find a man who used proper judgment. Even though there were some that said they knew the LORD their actions proved otherwise.
- God told Jeremiah to preach throughout Judah warning them that with their rebellion they were bringing judgment upon themselves.
Does God make any promises?
- God promised to send wild beasts among the insolent people who refused to repent of their adulteries and as a result led even their children astray.
- God promised to make Jeremiah's words as fire and the people as wood to be devoured.
- God promised not to utterly annihilate the Jews by the Babylonians.
Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?
- God is depicted as a warrior and as the creator in this chapter. Both of these attributes describe Christ.
Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?
- In that day the people were given warnings that judgment was imminent when God caused certain events to happen but the people stated that they were natural occurrences that God had no part in doing. This is the state of things today. There are warnings being given by God that prophesied events are imminent but many people scoff at the idea that God is sending them.