Monday, December 1, 2014

TAKE TIME: December 1-6, 2014 Assignment

Introduction: There are more genealogies in our reading this week but we also encounter the account of the reign of Saul and begin reading the account of the reign of David. These records contain information similar to that which is found in I and II Samuel. Those returning from captivity were being reminded of the faithfulness of God to keep His promises to them!

 Assignment:
  • Monday - I Chronicles chapter 8
  • Tuesday - I Chronicles 9:1-34
  • Wednesday -  I Chronicles 9:35-10:14
  • Thursday - I Chronicles chapter 11
  • Friday - I Chronicles chapter 12
  • Saturday - I Chronicles chapter 13
Memory Verse

 Review previous assignments.



Prayer Journal (ACTS)
  • Adoration - Praise God that He is faithful! Give thanks to Him for the glorious things He has done for you.
  • Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
  • Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
  • Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.

Search the Scriptures

Look for references for each of the following:
  • Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
  • References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
  • What does this passage teach about Jesus?
  • Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?

Putting the Word into Action

Reading a review of the times of Saul and David should remind us that God is faithful to keep His promises. Make a list of the promises of God. Then give thanks to Him as you are reminded of everything He has done for you from the time of your birth up to the present time. (If you really try to make such a comprehensive list you will never complete it because His mercies are new every day!)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)