Monday, December 15, 2014

TAKE TIME: December 15-20, 2014 Assignment

Introduction: The chronicle continues an accounting of events that happened during the reign of King David. Included are the successful movement of the Ark to Jerusalem, military victories, and some very important promises!

 Assignment:
  • Monday - I Chronicles chapter 14
  • Tuesday - I Chronicles chapter 15
  • Wednesday -  I Chronicles chapter 16
  • Thursday - I Chronicles chapter 17
  • Friday - I Chronicles chapter 18
  • Saturday - I Chronicles chapter 19
Memory Verse

 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
I Chronicles 16:29


Prayer Journal (ACTS)
  • Adoration - Praise God that He is Eternal! For us, what we read in the Bible is either an historical account or a prophetic pronouncement of things to come. To God, they just "are." The future is just as certain as the past and counted as though they have already been accomplished.
  • Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
  • Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
  • Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.

Search the Scriptures

Look for references for each of the following:
  • Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
  • References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
  • What does this passage teach about Jesus?
  • Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?

Putting the Word into Action

If you completed making the list of God's promises to you in last week's assignment then use that list to make a psalm of praise to God out of a thankful heart like David did. See I Chronicles 16:7-36 if you need any encouragement and inspiration.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)