Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Camp Update

This lady isn't singing the blues yet, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll soon be expanding my repertoire. As predicted, I did not get much sleep last night. However, it wasn't little Fen who interrupted my beauty sleep. That honor belongs to Sweet Pea.

We have snack bar time prior to Sweet Pea's usual bedtime. Someone who shall remain nameless decided to give her a small sip of Mountain Dew. I'm not sure if it was Code Red, Livewire, or Voltage, but these are the varieties sold here. Not being a fan myself, I can only attest to the fact that they're aptly named by personal observation.

Let's just say that Sweet Pea was almost asleep when the sugar and caffeine kicked in. I saw her spend the next 2 hours almost literally bouncing off the walls! It was just a bit before midnight when she finally slept. By that time the Princess and her little Fen were sleeping soundly, and Pastor Dad had given up trying to help me corral her and had gone on to his cabin.

Oh yeah. One more thing. Little Fen slept longer last night (almost 6 hours) than he has so far. I guess watching his cousin bouncing on the nearby bed wore him out. I know it did me.

On a more serious spiritual note, remember the campers and counselors in prayer. We'd really like to leave here Saturday with more on the kids' hearts than their latest make-ups and break-ups.

P.S. It wasn't Pastor Dad who gave her the sip. If it had been, I'd probably be naming names!

1 comment :

  1. Well, someone must have found you out! You haven't posted in 3 days! LOL! Hope you had a great week and that the Lord's blessings are evident!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)