Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mental Images

I guess I discovered a new well of inspiration springing up yesterday. After a few weeks of silence I've become Chatty Kathy all of a sudden. Bear with me.

You'll notice that I haven't posted any pictures of yesterday's zoo trip and I probably won't. Why? Well, I only have three. Two of them are of Fen in his stroller and one is a far-off picture of giraffes. I guess photography wasn't one of my priorities. Too bad, too, since there were many special moments throughout the day that just screamed "take pictures!" I'm hoping someone else will post theirs. Hint, hint.

But I am carrying several mental images of the day that one son-in-law called "the best zoo trip EVER." I agree whole-heartedly. It a was a peaceful day for all of us: a day of rest (unless you count the miles and miles of paved pathways that we walked), of relaxation (unless you count the unruly children scaring the zoo keeper in the bird house while annoying the rest of us who kept the children in our group under control), and of family togetherness. Yep! That last one tends to get me right here (hand over heart) every time.

One image I have is of our grand entourage (all 12 of us) making our way from place to place. We stayed together but we tended to walk in smaller groups as we meandered along. Several times I looked at my two sons-in-law who were leading the way due to the length of their long legs. These fellas were side-by-side as they pushed their baby strollers. I wished I had thought to take out my camera. It was one of those "Kodak moments" that repeated itself many times.

The guys were deep in conversation. I'm sure they were contemplating some of life's more complex issues. You know, things like wives, children, and what's for dinner. I'm not sure there are any definitive answers for the first two, but the answer to the last issue was Frisch's Big Boy.

Ah! The warm fuzzies just would not end.

Good times.

4 comments :

  1. Sounds like lots of fun had for everyone!
    I love family togetherness, too! It happens very infrequently now that we are NC, unfortunately! But, how sweet it is when it happens!
    I sure miss Frisch's Big Boy...and Skyline...and UDF...and the list could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect they were discussing the finer points of Nerf Sword Fighting. That, or how big the firecrackers they'll do NEXT year will be.

    But I'm just guessing here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I had thought to get a picture of them pushing the strollers. That would have been priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)