Sunday, January 17, 2010

Going To Great Lengths To Go Great Lengths

Pastor Dad, the Bear, and I have a couple of airline trips in our near future. We've had a bit of trouble in the past with our luggage not arriving at our destination when we do. Since these upcoming trips are working vacations (meaning, Pastor Dad will be preaching soon after our arrival) it is imperative that our dress clothes not take the airline's scenic route.

A solution to this problem presented itself for the first trip. A couple from our church is going to the same city but they are leaving earlier because they are driving. Since we will be meeting and sharing adjoining accommodations in our destination city we sent our dress clothes ahead with them. This way our luggage can take the scenic route and still be there when we need it to be. What a change to have the luggage waiting for us instead of us waiting for it!

It seemed like such a good plan until this morning when I began to get ready for church. It was then that I realized that I had sent all of my good Sunday shoes and other wardrobe amenities along for the ride with the outfits with which they coordinate. I stood in front of my open closet looking at the choices before me and panicked. Did I have undergarments, hosiery, shoes, and clothes to make an acceptable ensemble? The options based upon my limited resources were not promising.

But even if I did look somewhat like a character out of Little Orphan Annie today I hope to be styling once my suitcase and I are again reunited. And dear church members of Pastor Dad's flock, fear not! Your pastor's wife will not embarrass you by meeting the people of that faraway church by dressing like she did today.

3 comments :

  1. That was priceless! I can envision the look of shock and dismay as you stand before your closet! I hate it when stuff like this happens! You are so prepared for the future that you forget about the present! Praying for a safe trip to wherever it might be that you are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, but I didn't notice a difference. ;)

    Have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we went to our niece's graduation I forgot Tim's dress belt. I had a black belt that didn't look too girlish and he wore it. :-) I get the luggage there just don't have what we need in it. :-) Have a good trip!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)