Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heading West

Pastor Dad and I left our friends, old and new, and headed for our next destination. We stopped along the way to visit another cemetery, this one a national one.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :)



How is it that I've never been here before? I thought we saw every Civil War battlefield on our vacations when I was young. Evidently, I was wrong because I've never visited Vicksburg. I think I would've remembered! Whoa!


After crossing The Big River we completely crossed the state of Louisiana and spent our first night in the state where even breakfast makes a statement:



2 comments :

  1. Is the statement, "We're too cheap to use actual silverware?"

    Just kidding. That's quite a waffle you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That waffle is great! Never have seen them in the shape of a state before! Glad you got a picture of it!

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)