Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Digital Scrapbook Done One Way Or The Other

Posted by Picasa



My friend, Vicky, and I were blessed to be together at a mission conference last night and this morning in another state. Since she lives in North Carolina and I live in Ohio this is a rare treat indeed.

We had hoped to get in a bit of scrapbook tutoring but we ran out of time and I ran out of energy. Preachers insisted upon preaching (imagine that!) and my get up and go got up and went as it has been doing a lot lately. Since I had to drive myself back home today - having deposited Pastor Dad with friends who were taking him to another conference in another city - I thought it best to leave prior to the lunch break. Nothing like food to make one sleepy: just what I did not need for the drive alone!

I was disappointed that we did not get to sit down and scrapbook together. But I gleaned a few things from our chats and decided to experiment when I got home. I came up with this composition. Details:

  1. Picture is of Sweet Pea on her 3rd birthday in February. She was hamming it up for the camera. I have several more pictures of hams (you know who you are!) which could possibly find their way here. Yes, bribes will be accepted to keep that from happening. :)
  2. The background paper and tag were from a free kit provided by my friend, Vicky Day, during a recent Blog Train.
  3. The button and string of hearts were from a free kit provided by Roseytoes Designs during a recent Blog Train.

Thanks, Vicky, for volunteering to be my online tutorial. I'll have questions. Oh, my, yes, I'll so have questions! At least now I have a clue.

2 comments :

  1. That looks like fun! Who knows, I may yet get started on something like this as well. I have every intention of sorting out all my photos that I've collected since youth, but I don't know where I put that 'intention' or that 'round to it'!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just soooo great! I love your page! You will be a pro in no time! I'm looking forward to September's meeting! Seems like such a long time away! But it will be here before we know it! In the mean time, ask away!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)