Saturday, April 17, 2010

Humorous Double-takes

I know I should be typing in the Bible reading schedule for next week. I'll do it in a minute. I promise. But first, I want to make you smile at a couple of things that happened this week.





See this little guy? You want to know what he was doing while his Aunt Karen was recovering from her fainting spell?

The Bear and I managed to corral the children onto the train where we could at least keep everyone together while the medical folks helped Karen. (The train had the closest seats available or we would've laid her elsewhere and let the ride progress without us. I'm telling you this so you don't think we were insensitive to everyone else around us.)

The Bear had transferred Fen back to me. Fen immediately began holding out his arms to the person seated behind me in the hopes that he/she would rescue him. I wrestled with him without taking my eyes off of Karen any more than necessary until she had reassured everyone that she was feeling better. Then I turned to see who Fen was so desperate to reach. It was a mom nursing her infant. Evidently he hasn't forgotten his former source of nourishment and since his sippy cup was empty and Gram was ignoring his needs he felt he should obtain his refreshment elsewhere.


See this picture? I took it Tuesday at the conference. Notice anything funny about it? Yes, there seem to be several sets of twins in it. (Click on it to see a larger image.)

They asked all the pastors to make up an impromptu choir. My camera has a panorama setting and since I could not get everyone into the frame I used that setting. The only problem was that I failed to seam it correctly. So there are 7 or 8 more preachers there than what were really there. Oh, to have that problem in real life.

One of the "twins" is my own hubby, so I'll quit now before I launch into a preacher joke that I might regret. :)

1 comment :

  1. That is too funny with the panoramic view setting! I didn't notice the twins til you pointed them out. I did think, my there seems to be more preachers than I remembered! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)