Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 2 Words of Wisdom

Note:  This post was edited for clarity of thought and readability on Oct. 12th.

Just because I aged another year yesterday and have it on my mind I think I'll state something somewhat apropos:


"Growing up" and "growing older" are not synonymous. 

Obvious? Perhaps to you and I, but some seem not to have mastered the distinction. The increasing addition of candles on the birthday cake each year does not guarantee that someone is growing up. On the other hand, adding to the candle tally automatically means growing older.

Endeavor to be someone whose faith, demeanor,and knowledge are constantly maturing. Those are the real indicators of "growing up" while "growing older."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)