Monday, October 10, 2011

Counting to 52, Day 1 Words of Wisdom

Note:  this post was edited for the sake of formatting and readability on Oct. 12th.

In honor of my 52nd birthday I'd like to attempt (and I do mean attempt) to blog for 52 consecutive days. But I don't want to just write a bunch of drivel just for the sake of saying that I've blogged so if there's a day I have nothing to say you'll just need to excuse me. Blogging for 52 days takes us up to November 30th. Gasp!

The Bible says that the older women are to teach the younger women many things about godly life, love, and labor.Starting today, this "older woman" will post some of the lessons that I've learned in my 52 years of life and hopefully some of you younger women will find them helpful.

Ready to begin? Here's my first tidbit to offer:


Christians are commanded to make disciples, but Jesus never promised that they'd all turn out to be like John the Beloved. Some may actually be more like Judas the Betrayer. 
We can only act on outward appearances because only God can search a person's heart and He promised to sort out the sheep and the goats in due time.  Usually one doesn't need to wait for eternity for that to occur.

3 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday, Mom! Looking forward to all the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and trust the year ahead will be filled with abundant blessings from the Lord! Like the idea of you imparting 52 posts of wisdom! I'm older but am not finished learning yet!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)