Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 5 Words of Wisdom

Master the action of forgiving and forgetting.

Have you ever heard someone say that they "just can't" forgive that person? Or perhaps you've heard someone say, "Well, I'll forgive you but I will never forget what you did!" Maybe you've even said the same thing yourself.

Hmm. So you know more than THE omniscient God.

I'm guessing that if He can do it - and He said He does - it wouldn't be impossible for us to do likewise. (See Hebrews 8:12 and Heb. 10:17 for the promise of God's new covenant between Himself and those who repent. He promised the same under the old covenant as well as stated in Isaiah 43:25.)

Can an omniscient God do that? I'm counting on it! This is where that "action" part comes into play. Of course He knows and remembers everything! But He chooses not to act on things that have been confessed.

How does this translate into everyday living? Well, if you've asked me for my forgiveness for a wrong that you did against me I am to not only forgive you but to never mention it again. As far as our fellowship is concerned it's just like it never happened! That's the act of forgetting.

Like any action it takes practice to become a master. Practice forgiveness more and one day you'll find that you're a master at forgiving and forgetting.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)