Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 12 Words of Wisdom

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

When you're sad do your crying in private and smiling in public. It holds the potential to make you feel better. Grieving in public and smiling in private is almost guaranteed to make you feel worse.

I don't believe the old adage that misery loves company. True misery wants relief, not recognition. Happiness loves company! Good news just seems to bubble out spontaneously!  (Luke 15 - the parables of the lost sheep, coin, and son)

Conversely, grieving in public witnesses to the world that you don't truly believe that there is a savior that can carry your sorrows.  You must bear them yourself and make everyone who comes in contact with you carry them as well.

Leave your tearful burdens with Jesus in your prayer closet and go out and smile at the world.  Then perhaps someone will be willing to listen to your testimony of the hope that is within you.

1 comment :

  1. Lots to think on! Can't count the sad times I've driven my car somewhere quiet and safe and cried my eyes out before the Lord and told Him my troubles! He's never failed me yet!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)