Friday, October 31, 2008

The End of a Good Week

Even though I know Saturday is technically the end of the week, I always consider the day before to be so, probably for the same reasons most everyone else does. Looking back over this week, I have to admit that it's been a pretty good one. Here's why:
  • Monday night Bible study we discussed our homework and one of the things we were to do was to write an acronym for Pout. The author had given us her own example as Pour Ol' Unloved Thing. Honestly, I couldn't for the life of me think of a worthy submission (not because I don't pout; I was just drawing a blank) but my daughter, the Princess came up with a whopper! I wish I'd written it down. All I remember is that it ended with Tantrum. Anyone who knows our Princess knows that NOBODY is as well acquainted with a pout or a tantrum as is she! She admitted it! I think she has grown out of it now, though. We can hope so, anyway. (Love ya, Princess!)
  • Tuesday I spent two hours at Panera reading my Bible, sewing on some needlework I'm doing, and oh, yeah, drinking coffee and eating yummy things, while the Bear practiced running up and down a basketball court and shooting hoops or something. (Poor, poor, pitiful me.)
  • Wednesday I got to see all of the children who attended the church's Harvest Party in their humorous costumes. Some of these were accompanied by weird explanations ("I'm a married angel." Huh?) but for the most part they were highly entertaining.
  • Thursday there was more basketball practice for the Bear, but because the Princess works right down the street from where he practices, and because her hubby was working late and her car-pooling buddy had other places to be, the Princess let me pick her up from work. We spent those hours chatting, eating, shopping, and laughing. It was wonderful to realize that we've moved into that comfortable mother-married daughter relationship that I have with all my girls now.
  • Friday, today, even without Polly and Tigger along to entertain me, there were all kinds of wonderful things to behold at taekwondo. The daytime classes consist of preschoolers, adults, and a few homeschoolers like the Bear and Polly. The classes aren't just mixed in ages but in cultures, too. It is fun to watch this class of men and women, children and adults, and people of Oriental or African or European descent all working together in a polite manner: a foretaste of Heaven, to be sure.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend!

1 comment :

  1. It was: Putting On Unwanted Tantrums. And yes, if anyone ought to know about that, she should. ;)

    Thanks again for letting us trick or treat your neighborhood. For me it was a nice end to a day where nearly everything seemed to go wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)