Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Introductions

Okay, I can hear the groans of my readers (all 2 of you). Why in the world did she start a blog? Well, it finally dawned on me that I LIVE ON THE COMPUTER! And it also dawned on me that this is about the only way I can communicate with those I love on a somewhat consistent basis. Until now, that has been accomplished via email or phone calls - and I don't intend to get rid of those means of communication - but frankly, I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I talk (or write) too much. I admit it.

So here goes. . .

I'll probably be playing with this format for quite some time as this is all new to me. After all, the background I chose "for now" is pink and I am DEFINITELY a lavendar person. Why else did my junior high buddies nickname me Purple Passion?

And the name? "On a High Hill" sounded so much nicer than "Over the Hill." Yes, it is true that I am teetering on the brink of middle-age-dom seeing as how I just celebrated(?) the twentieth anniversary of my twenty-ninth birthday, but I don't want that to be the emphasis of my life. Instead, I would like to draw attention to the fact that not only do I physically live on a decent-sized hill, but as a Christian I live as a city set on a hill that cannot be hidden (cf. Matthew 5:14).

As a pastor's wife, sometimes it feels like I live in the cliched glass house or fish bowl, but for the most part I think this helps to keep me honest. (I know the Lord is watching but so are the neighbors!)

For those of you who already blog, rest assured that I will not rat out your identities. I have no intention of making statements that are so obvious that everyone knows we are connected, even by blood. So therefore, your pseudonyms are safe and will not be transferred to this site. If you want to make introductions, feel free to do so. Otherwise, you will remain anonymous.

Hope you enjoy visiting my new home here as much as I enjoy visiting yours!

2 comments :

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're in the blogging world. Now I will know what's going on in your neck of the woods. Of course I'll never stop calling you because the dogs just aren't very good conversationalists. Love you!

    p.s. feel free to use my name. I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging. I warn you: it's addictive. I'll add you to my blog roll this morning and see if we can get you up to five readers. :)

    As for nicknames, I just did that because I hadn't asked anyone's permission to use their correct name. And for now, please use nicknames or something for the girls. I'm a wee bit paranoid about it - I'll admit that. I love their names and I wish I could tell everyone what they are but it just doesn't seem wise, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)