Saturday, January 1, 2011

(This post was edited a couple hours after it first appeared. In my concern about my photography skills I totally neglected to notice that my journaling skills were nothing to write home about. Let that be a lesson to me not to try to attempt something new until I've had enough sleep.)   :)

I was invited by my friend, Vicky Day, to participate in a year of journaling and digital scrapbooking hosted by Faith Sisters.  I'm going to give it a try.  Each Sunday the participants receive a verse that they then should try to interpret through photography. Okay, you all know I'm short on photography skills and time - particularly time - but I felt that I could try to put something together once a week.  I was intrigued by the idea of capturing the essence of a Bible verse through a picture.  Hmm.  Should help to get the creative juices flowing!

The first assignment was to design the cover page of my album.  Here are the elements that I used for my page:
  • Green background paper courtesy of Vicky Day's "Friendship Company" kit
  • Frame courtesy of Roseytoes Designs torch relay (blog train))
  • Text courtesy of by the Shores designs by pammie~k
  • Picture courtesy of yours truly who used it in 2010 to advertise her Take Ten in '10 Bible reading plan. (It fit so well with this new endeavor that I thought I'd recycle it.)
I hope you will enjoy seeing my year of faith documented in pictures

2 comments :

  1. WOOHOO!!!! I'm so excited that you are gonna give this a try! Your cover looks GREAT, too! The picture is perfect! I didn't do a picture, but MY verse for the year instead. I'm trying the everyday approach again! And since there is no verse yet to be found, I did a page on something else that I want to try to do this year, too. Hope you have fun and are blessed at the same time! I'm sure you will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are so creative! Have a wonderful time on your project!!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)