Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pepper's Heritage Explained

Posted by Picasa

Isn't that puppy cute?  Yes, that's a baby picture of our own Pepper soon after we'd brought her home from the rescue center in April 2007.  The folks that ran the facility told us that she was a chocolate lab mix but they didn't know exactly mixed with what.  Her parentage has been somewhat of a mystery to us, too, until we started investigating the dog's genealogy.  (Yeah, we're really into family history around here.)

Anyway, I found a link that shows Pepper's family tree here.  The pictures of the two dogs on the bottom are her mother and father.

Go ahead and take a look.  I'll wait for you to return.

Are you back?  Explains a lot, doesn't it?!  Uh-huh.

3 comments :

  1. So his dad is the one that's a little off the wall, or his mom??? Such a cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy a test at Petsmart to find out the top breeds in your dog just by rubbing a q tip in their mouth. It's like $80. I've thought about doing it for my dogs. When I worked at the vet we could do a blood test to determine breed and it was like $300! Judging by the pic, it's pretty obvious what you have!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is of a very cute puppy..........too bad they don't stay that little and cute! :D Somehow the cuteness makes the badness more tolerable!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)