Friday, March 18, 2011

New to Me: Book Swapping

I'm a bit late to participate in Frugal Friday and the same could be said about my  participation in the whole concept of swapping books by mail but thought I'd throw this out there anyway just in case others haven't discovered this source of trading reading material.  I joined Paperback Swap last week and you know what I've been doing lately?  Mailing books!!!! 

Of the first 10 that I posted when I joined (and 2 DVDs that I posted at tbe sister site,  Swap A DVD) I've mailed 6 books and 1 movie.  That means I must've had some pretty good stuff since they were snatched up or put on hold within minutes of being added to the system. 

Several of my books (and the movie) have already reached their destinations so I have several credits to spend.

I'm like a kid in a candy shop.  :)

2 comments :

  1. Have fun - sounds like an interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm! That sounds very interesting! I'll have to let Tim know about this! He has a TON of books sitting around that he has read!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)