Thursday, September 26, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 38 Wednesday

source
I Samuel 12:1-13:4

Samuel gave the people a quick history lesson beginning with the time of the Exodus up through the time of the judges and into his own time. He is now an old man although he still has many years to live. (He died in the latter years of Saul's reign and Saul reigned about 40 years.) Then he showed them an awesome display of God's power.

Does God issue any commands?

  • Now that they have passed into the era of being led by a king instead of judges and prophets to whom God spoke directly, the command to follow and obey the LORD was mentioned once again.


Does God make any promises?

  • Samuel showed them divine power by calling down thunder and rain. Then after the people were frightened and confessed their sin of asking for a king Samuel told them that God had promised not to forsake them.


Does this passage teach anything about Jesus?

  • Not that I identified.


Does this passage teach anything about yet-future events?

  • Not that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)