Sunday, September 29, 2013

TAKE TIME: September 30 - October 5, 2013

Introduction: Things did not go well with King Saul so God chose another king, a man after His own heart. That set up a series of cat-and-mouse games between the current king Saul and the future king David.

 Assignment:
  • Monday - I Samuel chapter 16; Psalm 23
  • Tuesday - I Samuel chapter 17
  • Wednesday - I Samuel chapter 18
  • Thursday - I Samuel chapter 19; Psalm 59
  • Friday - I Samuel chapter 20
  • Saturday - I Samuel chapter 21; Psalm 56


Memory Verse

Memorize Psalm 23 if you have not already done so.


Prayer Journal (ACTS)
  • Adoration - This week take time each day to praise God for being omniscient. Nothing escapes His notice. He even sees within our hearts.
  • Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
  • Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
  • Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.


Search the Scriptures

Look for references for each of the following:
  • Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
  • References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
  • What does this passage teach about Jesus?
  • Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?


Putting the Word into Action

Continue to pray for your elected officials. If local elections will be held this fall in your area spend time this week praying over the issues and the candidates. Ask God to help you make wise decisions and to vote for people who have a heart for God if at all possible.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)