Sunday, September 15, 2013

TAKE TIME: September 16-21, 2013 Reading Assignment

Introduction: Samuel was the last judge of Israel. His tenure as judge of Israel ended with the start of the nation's monarchy. Samuel began life as the much-beloved son of Hannah and he remains a much beloved Biblical figure today.


Reading Assignment:
  • Monday - I Samuel 1:1-2:11
  • Tuesday - I Samuel 2:12-3:1
  • Wednesday - I Samuel 3:2-21
  • Thursday - I Samuel chapter 4
  • Friday - I Samuel 5:1-6:21
  • Saturday - I Samuel 7:1-8:22


Memory Verse

For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him.    I Samuel 1:27


Prayer Journal (ACTS)
  • Adoration - This week take time each day to praise God for being the One who hears and answers prayers. No one else has that ability.
  • Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
  • Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
  • Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.


Search the Scriptures

Look for references for each of the following:
  • Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
  • References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
  • What does this passage teach about Jesus?
  • Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?


Putting the Word into Action

Things may not always be what they seem. When the broken-hearted Hannah appeared in the tabernacle the priest, Eli, thought that she was acting drunk and irreverent. Grief has a way of changing how someone looks and acts. Everyone you encounter carries hard burdens at some point in their life. If you notice someone acting out of character pray for them then ask if they need help.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)