Friday, March 6, 2009

Good Clean Fun

Good grief, Charlie Brown! I just couldn't wait any longer to post this, not even the extra two hours it would take for today to become tomorrow.


Here is a discussion that the Bear and I had with Polly and Tigger on the way to taekwondo earlier this week. We were discussing the warm, spring-like weather we’ve been having.

Polly: We were so happy to be allowed outside today to play in the yard. We got dirty digging earthworms and went into the house to wash our hands.

Tigger: I couldn’t get all the dirt off my arm so I used my toothbrush to scrub it off.

Gram (Me): Not the toothbrush you use for brushing your teeth, I hope?

Tigger: Yeah. But I washed my toothbrush afterward. It looked fine.

Gram: !!!!

Polly: Well, I just went to the dentist so I think I’ll use the new toothbrush he gave me and give Tigger my old one.

Since I was driving the girls couldn't see me directly so I managed to keep my laughter hidden. I glanced over at the Bear who looked like he was about to require the Heimlich maneuver at any moment.

Oh, it’s great to be back driving The Crew to taekwondo! I missed our little talks.

(Here are the pictures and story behind that day that can be found on Karen's blog. She got to tell about the fun. I get to tell about the tale that was told afterward, and perhaps alert her to the fact that shenanigans are happening in the bathroom again when she is otherwise occupied.)

3 comments :

  1. Yeah, I knew about the toothbrush thing. No secrets in this house. ;)

    Did they tell you that they were calling the worm their "treasure"? You know it's been a long winter when little girls think an earthworm is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading Karen's blog. I'm glad I wandered over here and got "the rest of the story" on the warm afternoon outside! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)