Sunday, March 8, 2009

More Sunday Night Antics

We went out to eat tonight with the Sunday School class that could be mistaken for a group of young married couples if it weren't for the likes of us hangin' around. Now that all three of our daughters and their husbands are members of that class Pastor Dad and I really are a couple of hangers-on or whatever it is they call delusional folks who think they are forever young. Remember when we first met - you the reader and me the blogger - back in October? It was when I related a story about just such an event as this one. See here if you need a reminder. It's okay. Old folks like us need reminders once in awhile. I'll wait while you go refresh your memory.

Are you back now? Great!

Well, tonight's post is a combination of that story and the ones I sometimes tell about the funny sayings of our middle granddaughter, Tigger.

At tonight's class activity - which also took place at a local casual restaurant due to the fact that not only do young married couples tend to need large open places for fellowship, but they also have numerous children to feed - there was a family with a small boy the same age as Tigger. As Pastor Dad was paying our bill the little guy was standing near the cash register. He evidently had lost sight of his parents. Not to worry! There was Pastor Dad, someone he instantly recognized, standing right there next to him. The only problem was that the little fellow didn't know Pastor Dad's name. Thinking quickly, he looked up and yelled, "Hey! Church Guy! Where's my mother?"

If Pastor Dad didn't already have a perfectly good blog moniker I'd be sorely tempted.

7 comments :

  1. Hey, Church Lady, I like this blog! LOL You older ones hangin' out with the younger folks! That, IMHO, is awesome. And if you at 49 think you are old, how much more should I think that?? I love hangin' out with younger folks cause it keeps me young! Glad to hear that you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we tell you what Jack called Philip Friday night as we left his house?

    Mr. Karen

    I'm thinking that has a nice ring...

    Just kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was going to be about Polly spilling my water on me while insisting she wasn't adopted, but I guess I really am the only one who saw that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed that one, Kel. Do tell! I'm sure Karen and "Mr. Karen" would be interested in hearing it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was too cute of a story!

    Just wanted to say thanks for joining Mailbox Monday today! :-)
    I'd love to get that Jiffy recipe booklet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Church Guy works. If only you had thought of that sooner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute!!! It is amazing just what they think of in time of necessity (?)

    I was just browsing around and noticed you mentioned that you once were around Murfreesboro...spent the most wonderful/horrible 8 yrs of my life in that then little town!

    My Dad worked at the Sword and we were part of Franklin Rd. Bapt Church...does that ring any bells?

    Pamela in TX

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)