Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday (again) and Other Chatter

Yes, we really do have another family birthday today. My father-in-law is 80 years old! Of course, he won't know I sent him this birthday greeting unless someone in the family tells him so. He's off celebrating in the mountains. Sigh

Well, honestly, he wouldn't read it if he was at home either. He doesn't have a computer. But that doesn't mean that we can't wish him a virtual Happy 80th!

In other news, thanks to those of you who have sent me get well wishes either via email or Twitter. I do appreciate them. I'm not sick very often but when certain types of bugs gain a foothold I'm pretty much reduced to lying in bed and doing nothing. Headaches and stomach bugs tend to be the ones that leave me in a non-functioning capacity. When those two gang up on me . . . well, let's just say that the last 48 hours I've pretty much been asleep. I never knew it was possible to sleep so much.

The good news is that I'm awake and functioning now. I've still got the sinus congestion, but since I live with that almost 365 days out of each year and 366 on leap years, I consider myself back to normal.

So, Princess, if you've been doing everything in your power to keep from having the baby until such a time as your mother could come visit at the hospital, I think it is safe to say that I'm good to go. And Papaw probably would consider having his new little great-grandson born on his 80th birthday a grand present indeed. I'm just saying.

1 comment :

  1. Sorry to hear you have been sick! I wondered where you had been! Then I heard you were having VBS, so figured you were just busy with that. Anyway, I just read on Karen's blog that Princess is in the hospital, so hopefully the baby will arrive just any minute now! June sure is a busy birthday month for you, isn't it?!! Our 2 sons and their wives' birthdays are all in June, too!
    Praying you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)