Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Month

I'm always a bit relieved each year when June rolls around because it means I've survived another May. This is no easy task, as I'm sure you've noticed. About this time I'm always looking back in amazement at how slowly the first months of the year passed with all the snow and dreariness and how fast the spring months have flown by with their nice weather and beautiful flowers.

So here it is June 2009 and we're on the verge of summer already. This promises to be a busy month as well. First – and perhaps, foremost – is the expected arrival of our little grandson. The Princess is ready (with a capital R) to give him his freedom so that both of them will be able to stretch out a bit more comfortably. I'll keep you posted.

Second, it is Prince Valiant's birthday month. The way things are going, the Princess and her Prince will be celebrating non-stop from her May 26th birthday through to whichever birthday is the latest – the baby's or the Prince's – which will make their end of May – first of June just like our May. All three members of that household will be celebrating their birthday one right after the other. Well, yeah, that means that we will be affected also. I do my best not to make any difference between my children, whether they are mine by birth, or those who are mine because they are accepted in one of my beloved. (Having in-law children has given me a whole new understanding and appreciation of Ephesians 1:6.)

Third, our church begins VBS next week. Normally, this would stand for Vacation Bible School. I guess it still does for most, but for me, it means the start of a Very Busy Summer. Our goal is to have school completed this week, except for some summer math that the Bear will be doing for high school credit, and I am so ready.

Fourth, my father-in-law will be celebrating his birthday in a few days, too. He was younger than I am now when I first met him. Now there's a thought designed to make both of us feel old!

Oh, yeah, one more thing. Pastor Dad would probably appreciate me reminding all who need to know that there are now only 30 more shopping days until HIS birthday. After all, we can't have things abruptly grinding to a halt when the calendar suddenly says July, now can we?

5 comments :

  1. What a crazy exciting month ahead! Praying for a safe/healthy delivery of your new grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning my birthday :)

    Pastor Dad

    P.S. Don't forget to remind everyone about Father's Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the "summer is here" days of home schooling. :-) I lived for that some years. :-) We had our stretch of birthdays starting in April. Coltons 15th (He's new to the list.), my sister-in-law 20th, my mother-in-law 23rd, mine 1st, Justin's 12th and then my niece 13th. They begin the 15th of April and end the 13th of May.
    Waiting to hear of the grandbaby's arrival. Isn't it exciting?
    Take care.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your version of VBS, cuz it fits here, too! We are not doing our Vacation Bible School til August, but I still need to get busy on the props!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, btw, I don't know what your temps were today, but we reached 90! YIKES! It's not even summer yet!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)